In-Store Purchase Returns/Refunds
Qualifying merchandise may be returned for a full refund to the original method of payment within 14 days from the purchase date. Merchandise must be unused/unworn and returned unopened and in its original packaging with all tags attached. After 14 days a store credit will be issued for items returned within 30 days from the date of purchase. Returned merchandise purchased during a promotion or special event qualifies for exchange or store credit only up to 30 days from date of purchase. See ‘Returns - Exceptions’ below for a list of items that are Final Sale – No Exchange.
Online Purchase Returns/Refunds
Dear-Born Baby does not offer Free Return Shipping.
Qualifying merchandise may be returned for a full refund to the original method of payment within 14 days from the date of delivery. A store credit will be issued for returns made within 30 days from the date of delivery. Merchandise must be unused/unworn and returned unopened and in its original packaging with all tags attached. Returned merchandise purchased during a promotion or special event qualifies for exchange or store credit only up to 30 days from date of delivery. See ‘Returns - Exceptions’ below for a list of items that are Final Sale – No Exchange.
Dear-Born Baby requires an RA# (return authorization #) for all online returns. You can request an RA# by contacting us at email@example.com. Once we receive your package and it has been fully inspected, a refund or online credit may be issued. Some returns may be subject to a restocking fee at our discretion. Merchandise that is deemed used, opened and not in original packaging does not qualify for a refund or exchange. In the case where an item does not qualify for a refund, the customer will be notified via email and the item(s) will be shipped back to the customer at their expense or if the customer chooses to pick up the item(s) they will be held for 14 days from the date of the email.
See ‘Returns - Exceptions’ below for a list of items that are not returnable.
On the rare occasion that you receive the wrong item or a damaged item, please email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery or pickup to report the issue. A Customer Service Associate will email you instructions for the next steps to have the issue corrected.
Returns - Exceptions
The following products CANNOT be returned or exchanged:
- Car Seats, Car Seat bases and Booster Seats
- Travel Systems
- Potties, bath tubs, training seats and diaper pails
- Diapers & swim diapers
- Breast pumps & accessories and nursing bras and pillows.
- Personal care items including under garments, lotions and potions, breast pads.
- All special orders including furniture, parts and accessories for any product
- Baby Monitors
- Gift Cards
- Strollers – can only be returned if in the original factory sealed box unused and unassembled.
- Clearance items (price ends in .98) Open Box and “AS IS” merchandise including Floor Models and Green Program merchandise.
Why are Car Seats Final Sale?
Dear-Born Baby does not guarantee manufacturing dates on car seats. All car seats are final sale and cannot be returned or exchanged under any circumstances except for defects as determined by the manufacturer. Dear-Born Baby takes the well-being of your family very seriously and will not jeopardize your child’s safety by accepting returns on infant or child car seats and boosters in the event the integrity of the seat has been compromised. All car seats are final sale however, if you have any questions or concerns about the car seat you purchased, we are happy to assist you in contacting the manufacturer for a resolution.
Warranty Terms & Conditions
Product Warranties are with the manufacturer. Any replacements or repairs must be approved and arranged by the manufacturer. Compensation is not available for any reason for circumstances beyond our control.
These guidelines must be followed in order to ensure the option of returning any of the products purchased:
1. For insurance purposes, many packages will require a signature. You must be present to receive, inspect, and sign for your delivery if a signature is required.
2. Before signing/receiving the package:
- Check to ensure you have received the proper number of packages
- Check for damaged packaging
3. When signing for the package it is very important to be as detailed and descriptive as possible on the packing slip before you sign. Your signature indicates acceptance, and if you simply sign without inspecting the packaging or its contents, then you are accepting the shipment “as is”. If you did not receive the proper number of packages or if any items appear as if they could be damaged, make sure you note this prior to signing. If damages or shortages are not recorded the shipping company will not honour insurance claims and unfortunately, we will not be able to honour our return policy.
4. Immediately unpack all contents to ensure that you were shipped the correct items. If there are any damages or shortages, they must be reported within 48 hours of the delivery date by contacting us at email@example.com and we will send you instructions. (See our Return Process and Policy).
It is important to us that we ship your purchase as quickly as possible. We typically ship in-stock orders within 1-4 business days. In some instances when items are thought to be in stock but are not available you will be notified via email of the options available to you prior to your order shipping. Please note we reserve the right not to ship any orders for any reason. If your order has a problem and cannot be shipped, we will contact you with a potential resolution.
We ship Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Keeping Track of Your Order
Once your purchase has been shipped you will be e-mailed a tracking number to check the status of your order. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear-Born Baby offers 30-day RETURN POLICY on all returnable products. Refunds are within 14 days.
Damaged items must be reported within 48 hours of receiving your order. Please take pictures of the damaged product and the manufacturers label (white label) and email them to email@example.com along with your order number. We will respond with information specific to your situation and intended action we will be taking.
Certain remote areas within Canada have limited delivery service and this results in a high shipping cost. We are unable to offer our free shipping to these areas but do have competitive rates with Canada Post that you can take advantage of. Once we receive your order, we will contact you with the shipping surcharge. We apologize in advance for any delays or inconvenience this may cause.
These exception areas include:
Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut & the following postal codes:
British Columbia: V0W, V0C, V0T, V0J, V8J, V0V, V8G, V8C, V0T, V1J, V1G
Manitoba: R0B, R8N, R8A, R9A, R0L
Alberta: T0H, T8S, T0G, T0A, T0P
Saskatchewan: S0M, S0J, S9X, S0P, S0E, S0L, S0N, S4H, S0C, S4A
Quebec: G8P, G0V, G0W, G0T, G0H, G0G, G5B, G0C, G4X, G0C, G0J, G5J, G4W, G0E, G5H, G0K, G5R, G0L, G5T, G5A, G8M, G8J, G8L, G8K, G8H, G8N, G7P, G7B, G7N, J1T, J0A, J1Z, J5V, J3T, J6E, J0R, J8C, J0T, J0K, J9L, J9E, J0X, J0W, J0M, J0Z, J9P, J0Y, J9P, J9T, J9Z, J0T
Ontario: P0V, P9N, P8T, P8N, P0W, P0Y, P0X, P9A, P0T, P0L, P5N, J0T
Newfoundland & Labrador: A0P, A0R, A2V, A0K, A0A
Nova Scotia: B0E
Please note that Dear-Born Baby reserves the right not to ship and cancel an order for any reason.
When you purchase an item from Dear-Born Baby and it goes on sale within 14 days from the purchase date. Dear-Born Baby will issue a one-time price adjustment for the difference. Please contact our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (905) 881-3334 and have your invoice number ready.
Items purchased through a registry do not qualify for price adjustments.
Due to our commitment to process online orders as quickly as possible, cancellation requests must be submitted within 3 hours from the time of order. Please send your cancellation request to email@example.com, or call us toll free at (905) 881-3334 with your order number. Please note that sending in a cancellation request does not mean that your order is immediately cancelled. Cancelled orders will be confirmed in writing via email. In the event that your order cannot be cancelled, please refer to the return policy.